Believe it or not, we’re were back to school after two and a half weeks off. My kids are slave-drivers. I’d been asked about doing school nearly every day since I’d been home from the hospital. So, after “Nana” left to go back home and we were once more on our own, school started back up for us.
Of course, I haven’t tackled anything too strenuous, and I’m still thanking the Lord for that free trial of the Reading Eggs website. What a lifesaver that has been! But adding structure back to our morning has made the world of difference with the kids. Too much unstructured playtime, and they begin to mutiny. I’m always amazed by how much better everyone gets along after a couple of hours of school time.
So, here’s what we’ve been up to:
- Reading Eggs for reading and phonics
- Some fun MacQueen (as in the race car) math workbooks and reading books
- Cuisenaire rods (the kids were so excited to finally be pulling these out; I loved how fast they caught on)
- Time4Learning math lessons
- Lots of cozy reading on the couch
And, our newest little man has had his early introduction to our school routine as well. He seems to fit right it.
It’s been good. Far from perfect, but good. I’m totally loving the fact that we get to make these adjustments. So many blessings—to squeeze, to kiss, to treasure.